In this article you will find:
- Meet Holistic Blend Dog Food
- What are the Best Holistic Blend Dog Food Recipes?
- Brand Quick Look
- Behind the Brand
- Holistic Blend Recall History List:
- Holistic Blend Dog Food Coupons 2020
- Best Holistic Blend Dog Food Recipes
- Customer Reviews
- The Best Ingredients For The Best Nutrition
Meet Holistic Blend Dog Food
Holistic Blend started in 1993 with a goal of revolutionizing the pet food industry. Their slogan is, “if we can’t eat it, why should our pets?”
The company believes that a pet’s health and temperament is a direct reflection of their ingested nutrition. They go above and beyond standard food guidelines to make sure all of their foods are high-quality and packed full of nutritious ingredients pets want.
Most of the foods from this company have outstanding reviews, and many customers state that changing their dog to this food made a significant impact on their life.
In this article, we’re taking an in-depth look into Holistic Blend to see if their foods live up to the hype.
What are the Best Holistic Blend Dog Food Recipes?
- Holistic Blend Chicken, Rice & Vegetable All Life Stages Dry Dog Food – Most Popular
- Holistic Blend Perfect Blend with Chicken & Whitefish Dry Dog Food
- Holistic Blend Lamb & Rice All Life Stages Dry Dog Food
- Holistic Blend Grain-Free Turkey & Salmon All Life Stages Dry Dog Food
- Holistic Blend Grain-Free Marine 5 Fish All Life Stages Dry Dog Food
Brand Quick Look
- Parent Company: Holistic Blend
- Founded in: 1993
- Made in: Ontario, Canada
- Available at: Chewy.com
- Types of Food: Dry, Canned, and Treats
- Real Meat in First 5 Ingredients? : Yes
- Recalled in Past? : No
Behind the Brand
As we said, the company started in 1993, but there isn’t a lot of additional information regarding the upbringing of the business. If we fast-forward to today, all of their foods exceed the standards set by the Association of American Feed Control Officials.
The guidelines allow ingredients like by-products and slaughterhouse refuse which possibly contain high levels of mercury and lead. That is why Holistic Blend strives to produce all their foods to exceed the guidelines carefully. They use all-natural ingredients with no chemicals, by-products, added sugar, or artificial colors or flavors.
Another interesting fact about Holistic Blend is they are the first holistic pet food manufacturer in Canada. All of their products are distributed fresh, and everything they use in their formulas gets sourced from Canada, USA, and New Zealand.
What Types of Dog Food Does Holistic Blend Offer?
Holistic Blend offers three primary formulas consisting of all-natural and reliably sourced ingredients. Each line of food has its own pros and cons so we’ll give you a brief description to go along with each offering.
Holistic Blend Formula
Their traditional dog food is edible for dogs of all stages of life, and they use only free-range organic proteins in all their foods. Holistic Blend uses natural preservatives like rosemary to maintain freshness in the kibble.
Each one of the offerings from this line contains chelated minerals, whole grains, fruits, antioxidants, and fresh herbs. All of the foods are balanced out with Omega 6 and four fatty acids.
Every brand from Holistic Blend has a goal they are looking to achieve for your pup while they enjoy the food. For this line, they hope the food helps your pups’ skin and coat, lowers their allergies, and helps regulate their bowel movements.
Next, we have the grain-free blend that uses no rendered meats, soy, dairy, corn, BHT, BHA, or artificial anything. The goal for this food is to help your pup maintain a healthy weight, improve digestive health, support skin and coat, and maximize flavor and nutrition.
The food is cooked at a low temperature so they can lock in as many of the nutrients as possible and when you slow cook the food, it also helps keep the delicious flavor dogs love.
The Perfect Blend formula contains no by-products and has added probiotics for additional gut health. The food uses high-quality grains for energy and slow-cooking to maximize flavor and nutrition.
This food also contains no corn, wheat, soy, or artificial anything. Compared to some of the other offerings this food provides a higher protein concentration for more active dogs.
We also felt that it was worth mentioning that Holistic Blend offers a variety of health supplements that you can give your dog along with their regular diet. Here they are below with a brief description of the benefits to each.
- Glucosamine HCL Complex – This comes in a liquid and is intended to help dogs rehabilitate damaged cartilage and support joints as they age.
- Yucca – This supplement is useful for hip dysplasia, arthritis, bone problems, and inflammation. The company says your dog can take this to reduce pain and increase mobility.
- Fresh Licks – This is a homeopathic remedy for bad breath and gas. It comes in a dropper, and you can add this to your dog’s water bowl to help improve the smell of their breath and gas.
- Bee Pollen – Known as a superfood to humans you can also give this to your dog to help with a wide variety of issues. Overall, the supplement enhances vitality, increases fertility, and raises your pups overall wellbeing.
- Non-Drowsy Calmer – This supplement helps your pup relax during times of high stress like car rides, storms, or grooming. This comes in a dropper and is safe for daily use on pups older than six months. It’s a homeopathic remedy, so it contains no drugs, only all-natural ingredients.
Holistic Blend Recall History List:
- During our research, we did not find any recalls of Holistic Blend dog food.
Holistic Blend Dog Food Coupons 2020
+ Free Shipping at Chewy.com
Best Holistic Blend Dog Food Recipes
In this section, we’re going to take a deeper look into one of the dog food offerings from Holistic Blend. We’ll look at the ingredients, nutrition facts, and reputation from people who made the purchase. This should help you decide whether or not you would want to purchase this brand for your pup.
- Overall: 4.6 out of 5
- Ingredients: 4.5 out of 5
- Flavor: 4 out of 5
- Packaging: 4.5 out of 5
- Price: 4 out of 5
This food line has 23 reviews for a rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Chewy.com. We assume, based on the number of reviews that this is one of their most popular lines of dog food. The reputation is excellent with many verified purchasers saying the food helped with urinary tract issues as well as stones.
The food is made using free-range meat and whole foods including brown rice, salmon, spinach, pumpkin, and banana.
First 5 Ingredients:
- Chicken meal
- whole brown rice
- hulless barley
- chicken meat
- Protein: 25%
- Fat: 15%
- Fiber: 3%
Overall, this food has an excellent list of ingredients containing all natural components and even as you make your way down towards the bottom of the list things don’t get worse. The food contains a wide variety of herbs, vegetables, and fruits as well.
The nutrition breakdown is also pleasing because the food is high in both protein and fat with an optimal level of fiber.
Based on the ingredients and reviews of others we would recommend giving Holistic Blend a try if you are looking to switch to new dog food.
The best way to decide if a food is right for your pup is to buy it and try it out for yourself. Before you do that though, you could read reviews about what other pet parents have to say about the food. That is the next best way to determine if something will work for you.
Holistic Blend has an excellent reputation online with all of their foods rated 4.0 or higher. Many happy customers say the food has helped with urinary tract infections and they love how it helped make their pups coat shiny and soft.
The most common concerns we see about the food is that their dog will not eat it even though they are not typically a picky eater.
No More UTI
- Shakira struggled with a UTI and struvite crystals for four months, and the vet put her on Hill’s c/d. She didn’t seem to be doing well on the vet food (lethargy and both she and her breath smelled horrible!!), so I did some research and found this food. She’s been on it for over seven months and no problems yet. Not only is the infection and crystals gone but her coat is silky smooth, and she doesn’t smell anymore! – Chewy Customer
Smooth Switch Over
- You always worry when changing dog food, what will it do to their system, will they like it, will they have any allergic reactions, etc. This was the easiest switch over; our mini toy poodle LOVES this food. She was on Bil-Jac and random one day started vomiting and reading reviews of this Holistic Blend we thought we would give it a try. Best switch over Ever! Macie can’t wait to eat. – Chewy Customer
So far, GREAT!
- I bought a 3-pound bag of Holistic Blend Grain Free to test with my dogs. They love it! The kibbles are not tiny, but they are small enough to be easily consumed by my 3 Havanese. No problems are transitioning from their previous food and no tummy upsets. Poops are solid, not runny at all. Very pleased after four days of feeding this brand. – Chewy Customer
My Dog Wasn’t a Fan
- I was excited about this food, but unfortunately, my dog refuses to eat it. I thought it was just because it was new food at first and she would get used to it like she usually does, but it has been weeks, and she still won’t eat it. It has great ingredients which is why I gave it a 2. – Chewy Customer
The Best Ingredients For The Best Nutrition
Holistic Blend dog food contains some of the best ingredients we have ever seen in a dog food. With a seemingly endless list of protein, vegetables, fruits, and healthy oils the company packs a ton of nutrition into their food and based on their reviews the results speak for themselves.
Pet parents and dogs are happier when serving Holistic Blend, and we think you would be too after giving this excellent brand a shot.