In this article you will find:
- Meet Only Natural Pet Dog Food
- What are the Best Only Natural Pet Dog Food Recipes?
- Brand Quick Look
- Behind the Brand
- Only Natural Pet Dog Food Coupons 2020
- Only Natural Pet Recall History List
- Best Only Natural Pet Dog Food Recipes
- Customer Reviews
- If You’re Thinking About Switching, Switch To Only Natural Pet
Meet Only Natural Pet Dog Food
Only Natural Pet dog food is a brand that focuses primarily on a paleo style dog diet. Protein takes center stage in all their foods with real meat as the first ingredient in everything with no grain or potato in any of their formulas.
The company guarantees that all their food has 33% minimum crude protein which is high to very high in comparison to a lot of other dog food brands. Most of the protein your pup receives from the food comes from the real meat and its, not from fillers and other protein-rich ingredients.
If you are looking to try a new food with your dog and you want something that is nutrient packed and full of high-quality ingredients, you might want to continue reading.
What are the Best Only Natural Pet Dog Food Recipes?
- Only Natural Pet MaxMeat Air-Dried Beef Grain-Free Dog Food – Most Popular
- Only Natural Pet Canine PowerFood Red Meat Feast Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- Only Natural Pet MaxMeat Air-Dried Lamb & Cod Grain-Free Dog Food
- Only Natural Pet RawNibs Beef & Tripe Grain-Free Freeze-Dried Dog & Cat Food
- Only Natural Pet Canine PowerFood Poultry Feast Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
Brand Quick Look
- Parent Company: ONP-Ecom, LLC
- Founded in: 2004
- Made in: Boulder, Colorado
- Available at: Chewy, Amazon, PetSmart, and the Only Natural Pet website
- Types of Food: Dry, Canned, and Air-Dried
- Real Meat in First 5 Ingredients? : Yes
- Recalled in Past? : No
Behind the Brand
The story of Only Natural Pet dog food is quite unlike any other we’ve covered in our reviews. The story starts with dog owner Marty Grosjean and his Lab mix who was dealing with a few health issues. Marty himself lived a clean and healthy lifestyle so he thought that changing his pups’ diet would benefit him as well.
Once he switched Crinkles to an all-natural diet, he immediately saw the positive benefits it had on his dog's energy and physical health. At that point, he started an e-commerce store where he began sourcing healthy dog foods to sell to consumers who were looking to provide their pup with a better diet.
The demand was so huge that he eventually started manufacturing and selling his line of food, treats, and wellness solutions.
Today the company still runs from its Boulder location and has a growing team who care about the health of your pups.
What Types of Dog Food Does Only Natural Pet Offer?
Before we dive right into the many food offerings from Only Natural Pet, we want first to cover the components and process that goes into making this food. The company looks like your dog's unique biological needs and crafts a formula that is perfect for them.
They do this by starting with a dog's ancestral biology. Many years ago, dogs were carnivores that thrived by eating high animal protein and fat based diets. Carbohydrates were not introduced to dogs until mass manufacturing began.
The company has an on-staff holistic veterinarian that helps create these formulas using the best ingredients and the simplest processing.
Only Natural Pet says what makes them different in the fact that they look at your dog's biology and then they find the best ingredients they can source that are suitable for human consumption. All of their foods use human-grade ingredients instead of by-products, cornmeal, and fillers.
Only Natural Pet Dog Food Coupons 2020
+ Free Shipping at Chewy.com
Here are some of the most popular offerings from Only Natural Pet:
- MaxMeat Air-Dried Beef Grain-Free
- MaxMeat Air-Dried Chicken Grain-Free
- MaxMeat Air-Dried Lamb and Cod Grain-Free
- Canine PowerFood Red Meat Feast
- Canine PowerFood Poultry Feast
- Canine PowerFood Just Fish Feast Limited Ingredient
- Canine PowerFood Puppy Power Feast
- Canine PowerFood Reduced Fat Feast
- Canine PowerFood Wild Feast Grain-Free
- Canine PowerFood Large Breed Feast
- Canine PowerFood Small Breed Feast
- RawNibs Beef and Tripe
- RawNibs Chicken and Liver
- RawNibs Venison and Liver
- Grass-Fed Beef Bone Broth
- Stovetop Stews Beef and Lamb
Only Natural Pet Recall History List
- During our research, we were unable to find any recalls from the Only Natural Pet food brand. When a company goes many years without a recall, it says a lot about its production and attention to quality.
Best Only Natural Pet Dog Food Recipes
Now let’s take a look at a specific formula from Only Natural Pet to give you a more in-depth look into the ingredients, nutrition, and reputation of the food.
- Overall: 5 out of 5
- Flavor: 5 out of 5
- Ingredients: 5 out of 5
- Packaging: 4 out of 5
- Price: 4 out of 5
The company encourages you to give your dog the protein-rich diet they were meant to have with this jerky-style air-dried beef dog food. The beef comes from free-range, grass-fed beef that gets raised in New Zealand without any antibiotics or growth hormones.
The air-dried bits get made from 90% real meat and no grain, corn, or soy.
- Comes from free-range and grass-fed beef
- No antibiotics or growth hormones used
- Low carbs and maximum vitamins and minerals
- Can get fed as a meal or topper
- Backed by holistic science
- Beef Lung
- Beef Liver
- Beef Heart
- Also: Pumpkin, Rosemary, Inulin (From Chicory Root), Ground Beef Bone, Vegetable Glycerin, Choline Chloride, Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E Supplement), Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Iron Sulfate, Vitamin E, Iron Proteinate, Selenium Yeast, Copper Sulfate, Nicotinic Acid, Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide (Source Of Iodine), Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B2), Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Folic Acid.
Usually, we only share the first five ingredients, but for this one, we wanted to show you the quality of their ingredients and how they don’t get worse as you make your way down the list like a lot of other foods. We are highly impressed by the amount of real meat and necessary vitamins and minerals that get included in this formula.
- Protein: 35%
- Fat: 20%
- Fiber: 2%
As you can see and most likely expected, this formula contains a high amount of protein and fat, so it is definitely intended for a more active pup. The company also has lines of food that are intended for weight control and older dogs, and those have a lower amount of protein and fat to coincide with their dietary needs.
This specific line of food has a rating of 4.8 out of 5 on Chewy with 97% of reviewers recommending this product. Many of the users say their pups love the food and they have no problem eating it alone or as a treat.
The main concern that arises is from the size of the jerky bits. A lot of customers state that they are afraid to give this to their dog because they won’t chew it and may try to swallow it whole. Even customers who aren’t concerned about that are not happy that the bottom of the bag contains a lot of broken pieces that are almost like crumbs and their pup won’t eat them.
Overall, beyond a couple of critical reviews majority rules. Most people love Only Natural pet food, and almost all of their products have a four-star or higher rating, and we definitely agree. Based on the ingredients, flavor, and reputation we give Only Natural Pet our coveted five-star rating.
It can be scary changing your pups dog food because you never know how something will affect them. You can make a decision and think you’re doing the right thing for your dog and it can backfire and leave you wishing you left it alone.
In this section, we want to help ease your burden by sifting through hundreds of customer reviews from Only Natural Pet to find the most honest and straightforward ones that are common across all of their formulas. We want to find the truth because reading what others have experienced in the past will help you decide for the future.
Great supplement to dry kibble – My very picky whippet loves Only Natural MaxMeat Air Dried chicken dog food. It is “Complete and Balanced” which mean that it includes all the vitamins needed to feed this as his only food. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to feed this alone, so I use it as a supplement to Purina Beyond Simply nine dry kibble. This dehydrated meat also makes an excellent healthy treat. This is not a promotional review; I am simply a long time satisfied customer of Chewy.com, saw this item on their website and decided to give it a try. – Chewy Customer
Dogs love it – smells good – I use this food as training reinforcement. It's healthy, super easy to break into small pieces and doesn't make my hands stink. The best part is my dogs love it. I feed them the dry kibble from the same company for their meals. Everyone's stomachs have settled since I switched and I can have three dogs on the same food! – Chewy Customer
Liked it at first I have a three-year-old, 45 lb mix breed. Let me start by saying she is a very picky eater with a sensitive stomach. She liked it the first time I offered it to her, but after that, she walked away from it whenever I put it down for her. I have been adding some treats to it to get her to eat it, but I won't be purchasing it again. – Chewy Customer
Some of the other critical reviews were so long we would rather summarize than include a giant wall of text for you to read. Many customers expressed concerns over the size and shape of the MaxMeat style food from Only Natural Pet. They say that the pieces are too small and more like crumbs in the bottom of a bag.
Their concern is that if you have a larger breed dog they may not chew the food and it could get lodged in their throat. That is definitely an issue worth paying attention to if you decide to go with that style of food.
If You’re Thinking About Switching, Switch To Only Natural Pet
We don’t back up a lot of foods with a five-star review, but Only Natural Pet contains some of the best ingredients your dog can get. If you want to try them out on a high protein diet that limits carbs, you definitely want to give this food a shot.
Many customers have tried Only Natural Pet with the best results, and we believe that you can achieve those results too.