In this article you will find:
- Meet Stewart Raw Naturals Dog Food
- What are the Best Stewart Raw Natural Dog Food Recipes?
- Brand Quick Look
- Behind the Brand
- Stewart Raw Naturals Recall History List:
- Stewart Raw Naturals Dog Food Coupons 2019
- Best Stewart Raw Naturals Dog Food Recipes
- Customer Reviews
- Stewart Raw Naturals Lamb Recipe
Meet Stewart Raw Naturals Dog Food
Stewart began making dog food nearly 45 years ago when it was still strange to use holistic ingredients. The company now has a range of freeze-dried raw foods that provide an excellent source of nutrition and give dogs the chance to improve health and wellbeing.
Raw foods are gaining traction in the dog food world, but it’s still a type of food many owners would like to feed but aren’t able to. Raw foods can be inconvenient to prepare and store, so Stewart’s mission is to make that process a whole lot easier. Let’s look.
What are the Best Stewart Raw Natural Dog Food Recipes?
- Stewart Raw Naturals Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Freeze-Dried Dog Food – Most Popular
- Stewart Raw Naturals Lamb Recipe Grain-Free Freeze-Dried Dog Food
- Stewart Raw Naturals Turkey Recipe Grain-Free Freeze-Dried Dog Food
- Stewart Raw Naturals Beef Recipe Grain-Free Freeze-Dried Dog Food
- Stewart Raw Naturals Puppy Formula Grain-Free Freeze-Dried Dog Food
Brand Quick Look
- Parent Company: Miracle Corps
- Founded in: 1979
- Manufactured by: Miracle Corps
- Made in: Ohio, USA
- Available at: Chewy, Amazon,
- Types of Food: Freeze dried raw
- Real Meat in First 5 Ingredients? : Yes
- Recalled in Past? : No
Behind the Brand
Stewart Foods was part of a movement of a group of dog food companies trying to right some of the ills of the dog food industry. The company started creating dog foods with human grade ingredients to help owners feed their dogs quality nutrition without cheap fillers or artificial ingredients.
Stewart is located in Dayton Ohio and uses only ingredients sourced from the United States, with the sole exception of lamb, which is sourced from New Zealand. The ingredients come from trusted providers who take high care of both the environment and their own production. The company maintains a level 2 (Safe Quality Food Program) certified processing plant instead of farming out their production to a separate packing plant.
They create recipes designed to mimic your dog’s ancestral canine diet and build energy and lean muscle. They’re higher in protein and fat than many standard kibbles, but this is due to the quality meats and fat sources. There’s a lot of evidence that good fats and proteins are critical for dogs to avoid injury, especially those who are highly active.
What Types of Dog Food Does Stewart Raw Naturals Offer?
Stewart dog foods are all human grade ingredients with real meats and veggies. They begin with a whole protein source plus minimally processed foods and balance it out with vitamins and minerals from fruits and vegetables. The recipes are freeze-dried, retaining the nutrients but making the food shelf stable.
The company doesn’t use any grains or gluten, and there are no cheap fillers such as corn or soy. The flavors are all natural, no colors, dyes, or artificial flavors. Everything is designed to pack in nutrition without adding empty calories. The recipes are suitable for a variety of breed sizes and is easy to chew for toy breeds.
They have one puppy formula but make sure you discuss your puppy’s individual needs with your veterinarian first, especially if you have a large breed puppy. The protein and fats are a little bit higher than average foods which may affect your puppy differently.
- Freeze Dried Beef
- Freeze Dried Chicken and Wild Salmon
- Freeze Dried Chicken
- Freeze Dried Lamb
- Freeze Dried Turkey
- Freeze Dried Puppy Formula
Stewart Raw Naturals Recall History List:
- The company has no history of recalls. They make foods in their own plants, kept below 36 degrees for food safety. The plant is a level two certified plant and the company takes a lot of pride in their protocols for food safety. They’ve been around a long time, but still have an excellent, clean record, and we appreciate their dedication.
Stewart Raw Naturals Dog Food Coupons 2019
+ Free Shipping at Chewy.com
Best Stewart Raw Naturals Dog Food Recipes
We recommend most of their recipes, but there are a few that could help get you started. Let’s take a look at the three best ones.
The first recipe uses lean chicken with fatty salmon to give your dog rich proteins sources along with healthy fats for all-day energy. The essential fatty acids in the fish help keep your dog’s skin and coat health and could also help reduce itchiness and inflammation. Whole fruits and veggies provide critical minerals and vitamins that support body systems and immunity. It contains no artificial colors and no gluten or grain.
Lamb is usually an excellent option for picky dogs. The rich protein and gamey smell often entice dogs to eat who won’t have any other type of food. The ingredients are simple and include both lamb and lamb organs with plenty of whole fruits and vegetables. Salmon oil helps provides a source of essential fatty acids, which can help condition the coat and skin and help reduce itchiness. It’s a good option for athletic dogs and for picky ones.
Patties are a good option for bigger dogs. You can break them up into larger chunks to encourage dogs to slow down and eat well. The beef formula is usually a crowd pleaser, and it starts with whole beef and beef organs. Fresh fruits and veggies provide vitamins and minerals while salmon oil helps improve the skin and coat. It provides a much higher source of protein and fat than some of the other formulas and could be an excellent option for highly active dogs.
Customers love the natural ingredients and quality sources for those ingredients. The food is convenient for customers who’d like to switch to a raw food diet but aren’t able to support cooking their own foods. It’s highly nutritious, and many people saw considerable improvements in their dog’s health and wellbeing.
The recipes are all well-rated, and they have highly favorable reviews from many trusted dog food reviewers.
What Customers Like and Dislike about Stewart Raw Naturals?
Customers like that the ingredients are all recognizable and that there isn’t a laundry list. The ingredients start with whole proteins and organ meats, giving dogs a solid protein base. Many customers’ dogs seemed more energetic and had less itching and allergy responses once owners switched to Stewart.
Stewart isn’t cheap, and that is sometimes a complaint. However, because you don’t have to feed your dog as much per serving as you would that cheap kibble, it could help offset that increased cost just a little bit. Also, you may not waste as much food trying to get your dog to eat it as you do the kibble.
Some customers also noticed that their dogs seemed to have more gas than usual. Higher protein foods can sometimes have that effect. Transition your dog more slowly to the new food by mixing the old with the new until your dog is fully transitioned to the new food. Feed less of the old food each day.
Overall, customers were highly pleased and felt their dogs’ health improved being on Stewart. They were pleased with skin and coat health and noticed an improvement in senior dogs’ as well.
- “I have a very finicky eater with skin issues. My dog chows down on this instantly. I mix half kibble with half raw, but she eats it all now. She actually sits in the kitchen waiting for me to put the food down. Has helped a lot with her skin issues.” Paula, chewy.com
- “The patties don’t look or smell palatable. My dogs (3) smelled them and walked away. Cutting them into pieces is similar to cutting up a piece of dense molded styrofoam. I was expecting the patty to crumble like a meat patty but it appears to be a liquid type mix that is poured into a mold and then freeze dried. I was disappointed with the product, but, some dogs might really like it; just not mine.” Karmar, chewy.com
Dog Food Review
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
First Five Ingredients:
- Lamb Heart
- Lamb Liver
- Ground Lamb Bone
Stewart Raw Naturals is an excellent brand with premium, human grade ingredients, and dense nutrients. It starts with whole lamb meats, plus the organs and bone for calcium. Fruits and vegetables provide excellent sources of vitamins and minerals, but with no peas or potatoes, you won’t have to worry about that latest study.
Salmon oil provides a rich source of omega fatty acids that can support skin and coat health. It could also help reduce itching and ease digestion as your dog adapts to the new food. Extra protein and fat are also good building blocks for muscle tone and could help prevent injuries in your active dog.
The food isn’t cheap, but you may not have to feed as much per serving as you would those cheap kibbles. Talk to your vet about the protein and fat levels and how to adjust for your dog’s particular body composition. It could be a bit much for highly sedentary dogs.
Overall, dogs seem to love the taste, and the food is excellent quality. If you can swing the investment, we wholeheartedly recommend this one to help with your dog’s digestion, allergies, and overall health and wellbeing. If you can’t quite commit to raw food yet, this is an excellent alternative.