Disclaimer: This recipe is from Nick Abell of Serving Realness
If you're a vegan, you might want to share your lifestyle with your furry friend by feeding them homemade vegan dog treats. Nut pulp, a byproduct of making nut milk, is a great ingredient to use in vegan dog treats because it is high in protein, fiber, and healthy fats. Plus, it's a sustainable way to use up the leftover pulp from making nut milk.
Homemade vegan dog treats with nut pulp are a great option for dogs with food allergies or sensitivities. They are free from animal products, grains, and gluten, which are common allergens in commercial dog treats. Plus, they are packed with nutrients that are essential for your dog's health.
Nut pulp is a great source of protein, fiber, and healthy fats. It is also rich in vitamins and minerals, including calcium, magnesium, and potassium. Rolled oats and ground flaxseed are also great sources of fiber, which can help to promote healthy digestion in your dog.
Fresh parsley is a great addition to this recipe because it is a natural breath freshener and can help to support your dog's oral health. Nutritional yeast is another great ingredient to use in vegan dog treats because it is a natural source of vitamin B12, which is important for your dog's nervous system and energy metabolism.
Coconut oil and maple syrup are used in this recipe to bind the ingredients together and add flavor. Coconut oil is a great source of healthy fats, while maple syrup is a natural sweetener that is less likely to cause blood sugar spikes in your dog than other sweeteners like honey or molasses.
One of the benefits of making homemade vegan dog treats with nut pulp is that you can experiment with different flavors and ingredients to find the ones that your dog likes best. For example, you could add mashed banana, pumpkin puree, or unsweetened applesauce to the recipe to vary the flavor and texture.
However, it's important to remember that even though these treats are vegan and made with natural ingredients, they should still be fed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. You should also consult with your veterinarian to ensure that your dog's individual nutritional needs are being met.
In conclusion, homemade vegan dog treats with nut pulp are a delicious and healthy option for your furry friend. They're easy to make, packed with nutrients, and a great way to show your dog some love. Give this recipe a try and see how much your dog enjoys them!
Homemade Vegan Dog Treat Recipe
- 2 Flax eggs 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water per egg
- 1 Banana mashed
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter smooth
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cup Nut pulp leftover from homemade nut milk or plain almond flour
- 1 cup Oat flour rolled oats ground into flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 cup Parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix the flax eggs and set aside for a couple of minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the thickened flax eggs, banana, peanut butter, and coconut oil. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flours and baking soda together with a whisk.
- Stir the dry into the wet bowl and mix until a dough forms.
- Lastly, incorporate the chopped parsley.
- Transfer dough to parchment paper (or a lightly floured surface).
- Roll into 1/2-1 inch sheet and cut into desired shapes.
- Transfer cut cookies to a lined baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway.
- Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?