Disclaimer: This recipe is from Lisa Hatfield of Delicious Table
Crafting your own beef & vegetables homemade recipe, a nutritious, and freezer-friendly meal for your canine companion is . Packed with fresh vegetables, it's an excellent means to diversify your dog's diet.
Every six weeks, you can prepare these homemade meals as a replacement or supplement to your dog's regular diet. Every dog would be overjoyed with their customized dog food, and they particularly relish it when heated up again.
Ditch the undesirable ingredients found in conventional store-bought dog food; your dog will enthusiastically devour every last bit.
Your beloved canine companion is bound to adore this uncomplicated homemade dog food recipe, which is particularly suitable for pets with chicken allergies.
As caring pet owners, we prioritize our dogs' well-being, and though preparing their meals at home might require a few hours of effort, the enhanced quality of their lives justifies it. Besides, I believe it has also helped me save a significant amount on veterinary bills.
Beef with Vegetables for Dogs
- 7 cups Cooked, crumbled ground beef (3 pounds)
- 2 cups Brown or white rice
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 28 oz Beef stock
- 1 1/2 cups Broccoli, fresh shred or cut finely
- 2 cups Carrots, fresh shred or cut into small coins
- 2 cups Sweet potato, fresh small cubes or shred
- 2 cups Spinach, fresh
- Rinse the rice in a fine mesh strainer for about 30 seconds under cold water. It removes starches that makes rice sticky.
- Use a ratio of 1 cup rice to 2 cups water, which you can scale up or down. (check your rice package instructions.) Feel free to swap in beef, chicken, or vegetable broth for better flavor. You can also use a good buillon to water for extra flavor.
- Bring the broth stock/water to a boil, add rice and salt (skip salt if using buillon). And if you want to add a tab of butter, too, go for it — your rice will taste 10x better. Cover the pot and simmer for 18 minutes on low and don't remove the lid! Brown rice takes 30 minutes.
- Check the rice, and if done turn off the heat, replace the lid, and let it rest for several minutes in the steamy saucepan. Use a fork to fluff it up!
- Chop, shread, or process in a food processor all the veggies. Especially if you have a small dog, they prefer the veggies finely shredded in a food processor.
Make the Beef
- Brown and crumble 3 lbs of ground beef in a large skillet. Place in a large bowl.
- In a large cast iron pan or skillet, briefly saute carrots, broccoli, and sweet potato until just soft for a few minutes on medium.
Make the Food
- Into the large bowl with ground beef, add warm rice, warm sauted veggies, and fresh spinach. Mix well with a large spatula.
- Portion 4-5 cups of homemade dog food per zip lock back, and store in an airtight container or larger zip top bag in the freezer.
- Pull our one small bag per week, and reheat a serving for your dog in the microwave for 30 seconds. Sometimes sprinkle some dry dog food into the homemade food to stretch out the homemade dog food batch.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?