Disclaimer: This recipe is from Marlynn Jayme Schotland of Urban Bliss Life
Watermelon blueberry yogurt bites are a delicious and refreshing snack that is perfect for those hot summer days. These tasty treats are made with fresh watermelon and blueberries that are then coated in creamy yogurt and frozen to create a perfect bite-sized snack. In this essay, we will explore the health benefits and preparation of this scrumptious snack.
Firstly, let's look at the health benefits of the ingredients used in watermelon blueberry yogurt bites. Watermelon is a nutrient-rich fruit that is low in calories and high in antioxidants. It contains high amounts of vitamin C, vitamin A, and potassium, which are essential for maintaining a healthy immune system, skin, and heart health. Blueberries, on the other hand, are also a superfood and are packed with vitamins and minerals. They contain high amounts of antioxidants that help to fight off inflammation in the body, boost brain function and protect against heart disease.
The yogurt used to coat these bites is also a healthy addition. Yogurt is a rich source of protein, calcium, and probiotics, which help to maintain a healthy gut microbiome. Greek yogurt, in particular, is a great choice as it has a higher protein content and lower sugar content than regular yogurt.
Now, let's move on to the preparation of these yogurt bites. The first step is to cut the watermelon into bite-sized cubes and remove any seeds. Then, rinse the blueberries and pat them dry. Next, coat the watermelon and blueberries in yogurt, using a spoon to ensure that each piece is evenly coated. Place the coated fruit onto a silicon mold and freeze for at least 2-3 hours until the yogurt is firm.
Once the yogurt is firm, the watermelon blueberry yogurt bites are ready to be enjoyed! These tasty treats are a great way to cool down on a hot summer day and make for a healthy snack that is easy to make and perfect for sharing.
In addition to being a healthy and delicious snack, these bites are also a great option for those who are looking for a sweet treat that is low in calories and high in nutrients. Compared to other sweet treats, these bites contain fewer calories and are packed with vitamins and minerals that are beneficial for our health. Plus, it is easy to prepare!
Watermelon Blueberry Yogurt Bites
- 2 cups Watermelon chopped & seedless
- 1/4 cup Blueberries
- 1 cup Plain yogurt
- Puree the watermelon in a blender, and set aside.
- Spoon a small amount of yogurt Into each mold, just enough to cover the bottom.
- Place 1-2 blueberries in each mold.
- Pour watermelon puree into each mold just until it reaches the top.
- Freeze for at least two hours. Once frozen, gently pop each frozen dog treat out of the molds, then feed to your dog.
- Remember that every dog is different. Some dogs have more delicate tummies and/or require different types of food. Please be sure to check with your dog's vet if you are unsure whether your dog can eat the ingredients in any dog treat recipe.
- Once frozen, you can gently pop the frozen dog treats out of the molds and place into a freezer safe container. Cover, and keep frozen for up to 2 months. Take out a few treats at a time when you are ready to treat your awesome dog.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?