Disclaimer: This recipe is from Sally McKenney of Sally's Baking Recipes
Soft peanut butter carrot dog treats are a healthy and delicious snack that your furry friend will love. These treats are made with simple ingredients that are beneficial for your dog's health and well-being.
Peanut butter is a great source of protein and healthy fats for dogs. It also contains essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamin E, vitamin B, niacin, and magnesium. Peanut butter can be a great source of energy and a natural appetite stimulant. However, it is important to choose a natural peanut butter without added salt or sugar.
Carrots are a great source of vitamins and minerals for dogs. They are rich in beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A is essential for good vision, skin, and immune system health. Carrots also contain vitamin K, potassium, and fiber, which helps promote good digestion.
To make soft peanut butter carrot dog treats, you will need a few simple ingredients. First, you will need natural peanut butter, unsweetened applesauce, an egg, and grated carrots. You will also need flour, baking powder, and water.
To start, preheat your oven to 325°F. In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, applesauce, egg, and grated carrots. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, stirring until the dough forms.
If the dough is too dry, add a tablespoon of water at a time until it reaches the desired consistency. If the dough is too wet, add a little bit more flour. Once the dough is formed, roll it out onto a floured surface to about a quarter-inch thickness. Use a cookie cutter or knife to cut out the desired shapes.
Place the cut-out treats on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes or until the treats are lightly golden brown. Allow the treats to cool completely before serving them to your furry friend.
These soft peanut butter carrot dog treats can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week. They are a healthy and tasty snack that your dog will love, and they are also great for training and rewarding good behavior.
In conclusion, these tasty treats are a simple and healthy snack that you can easily make at home. They are packed with essential vitamins and minerals that are beneficial for your dog's health and well-being. These treats are a great way to show your furry friend how much you love them, and they are sure to become a favorite snack.
Peanut Butter Carrot Dog Treats Recipe
Soft Peanut Butter Carrot Dog Treats
- 1 cup Natural creamy peanut butter (255g)
- 3/4 cup Skim milk (180 ml)
- 1 Egg large
- 1 Carrot large, shredded (or 8-ish baby carrot)– around 2/3 cup shredded
- 2 1/4 cups Whole wheat flour* (spoon & leveled)
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1/3 cup Oats (either whole-rolled or quick oats are fine)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently mix the peanut butter, milk, egg, and carrot together with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Add the flour and baking powder. You may need to turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and use your hands to work in the flour. Mix in the oats. The dough is extremely thick and heavy.
- Using a floured rolling pin, roll the dough out into 1/4″ thickness. Cut into shapes using cookie cutters. Arrange on the baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes, or until very lightly browned on the bottom. Remove from the oven, and flip the treats to bake the other side for 10 more minutes. Want the treats to be a little more crunchy? Bake for 5 more minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before serving to your pup. Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?