Disclaimer: This recipe is from Wiggleworthy
Carrot zucchini pupcakes are a delicious and healthy treat that your furry friend is sure to love. These pupcakes are perfect for celebrating your dog's birthday or just as a special treat. They are easy to make and contain wholesome ingredients that are good for your dog's health.
Carrots and zucchini are both excellent sources of vitamins and minerals that can benefit your dog's health. Carrots are high in beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A is essential for maintaining healthy skin, coat, and eyesight. Zucchini is low in calories and high in fiber, making it a great ingredient for dogs with weight issues or digestive problems.
Applesauce is used in this recipe as a natural sweetener and to provide moisture to the pupcakes. Honey is also used to add sweetness and has some antibacterial properties that can benefit your dog's health. However, it's important to note that honey should only be given to dogs in small amounts and never to puppies under one year old.
Vegetable oil is added to this recipe to help bind the ingredients together and add some healthy fats to your dog's diet. However, if your dog has any sensitivities to certain types of oil, you can substitute with a different type of oil such as coconut oil or olive oil.
Cream cheese or peanut butter can be used as a frosting for these pupcakes, but it's important to choose unsweetened and unsalted varieties. Some dogs can be sensitive to dairy, so if you choose to use cream cheese, make sure to monitor your dog's reaction to it. Peanut butter is an excellent source of protein and healthy fats for dogs, but be sure to check the ingredients to ensure that it does not contain any harmful additives like xylitol.
In conclusion, carrot zucchini pupcakes are great tasting treats that your dog is sure to enjoy. They are easy to make and can be customized to suit your dog's individual tastes and dietary needs. However, it's important to remember that treats should always be given in moderation and should not replace your dog's regular meals. With this recipe, you can treat your furry friend to a special dessert that is both nutritious and delicious.
Carrot Zucchini Pupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups Whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Rolled oats
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Carrot grated
- 1/2 cup Zucchini grated
- 1/2 cup Applesauce unsweetened
- 1/4 cup Virgin olive oil
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Raw honey
- 1 tsp Wheat germ
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Put silicone cupcake molds onto baking tray for stability.
- Grate cheese, carrot and zucchini.
- Put flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and wheat germ into large bowl. Stir to mix.
- Put applesauce, olive oil, eggs and honey into small bowl and mix together well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry a little at a time, stirring well each time.
- Add grated cheese, carrot and zucchini and mix in thoroughly but gently.
- Lightly grease silicone molds with olive oil spray (optional).
- Spoon batter into molds until they're 3/4 full.
- Bake smaller pupcakes at 350F for 15 – 20 mins, larger ones for 20 – 25 mins.
- Test for 'done-ness' by inserting toothpick or skewer into the center of a pupcake. If it comes out clean, they're ready!
- Cool pupcakes in molds for 10 minutes.
- Pop them out and place on baking rack to cool completely.
- Store these carrot zucchini pupcakes in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 10 days.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?